[GRASS-user] v.to.rast weird output

Johan de Braak johan_debraak at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 07:46:38 PDT 2014

Dear all,
I try to convert some training data for an image classification to raster (so it can serve in i.gensig). Since this training data is thematical (1 is bare soil, 2 is degraded forest etc.), I used only whole numbers to assign the classes. However, when checking the result using r.report, I get classes as: 1-1.03 and 1.97-2.03 and descriptions like "from bare soil to degraded forest"... Should I be concerned of this? Did I made a mistake somewhere along the path? Can this be avoided?
Best wishes,
Johan de Braak