[GRASS-user] Add-on compilation errors in GRASS 7

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 01:08:19 PDT 2014

Hi,

> I just thought, does that final warning on the parsing issue relate to the
> previous warnings or are they separate issues? I was assuming that it did

right, completely separated issues. The first part comes from
compilation (such warnings/errors should be fixed by an author of the
module). Warning about broken modules.xml is related to g.extension
which tries to keep metadata about installed modules [1]. This will be
fixed by me since the generation of modules.xml file is done on our
university server (CTU in Prague).

> but maybe not, considering what you say. Could these be caused by missing
> components during GRASS compilation?
> e.g.
> geom.c: In function 'ternary_rotate':
> geom.c:22:9: warning: unused variable 'res' [-Wunused-
> variable]
>      int res;
>          ^

No, such warnings are harmless and have no impact on functionality of
the module.

Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/AddOnsManagement