[GRASS-user] v.net.centrality closeness

Will Fields will.openfields at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 07:31:20 PDT 2014

I'm using v.net.centrality to do some calculations, and I had a question
about how closeness centrality is calculated by the module:

Is the value for closeness centrality actually "farness" (the sum of the
distance from a site in a network to all other sites in the network)?

v.net.centrality is returning large values for closeness in a data
set rather than a decimal between 0 and 1.  I tried to look through the C
code for the module, but I wasn't able to make sense of it.

Thanks in advance.

Will