[GRASS-user] GRASS Community Sprint Portland 2014 - user contributions

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Sep 11 04:51:26 PDT 2014

Dear all,

If you are as fond of the upcoming GRASS 7 version as I am and if you - like me - whish to see this brilliant version released rather today than tomorrow, I would like to invite you to consider supporting the devs at the GRASS Community Sprint Portland 2014 by filling incomplete manual pages.

The html-standard for manual pages is not too complicated (see: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/Docs), so programming skills are not required. Furthermore, you can find lots of examples from other modues.

On the GRASS-wiki-site for the Community Sprint there is a list of modules with incomplete manuals (please feel free to add, if you are aware of more):
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Community_Sprint_Portland_2014
There you can sign up for a manual page you like to fill with content.

So, check out the source code:
svn checkout https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_0 grass70_release

Fill the manual page for a module you are reasonable familiar with, create a patch (see: http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Patches) and send it to:
e.g. neteler.osgeo at gmail.com (hope that is OK Markus?)