[GRASS-user] New GRASS 7 addon: v.lidar.mcc

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Wed Sep 24 00:49:07 PDT 2014

Dear all,

Today I uploaded a new GRASS 7 addon to SVN.

The Python-script „v.lidar.mcc“ aims at removing vegetation returns from LiDAR point-clouds. It is a modified implementation if Evans & Hudak`s (2007) multiscale curvature classification (mcc) algorith.

Compared to the original, the GRASS module has a few more options (useer can define also spline steps, number of scale domains, and convergence threshold). I am not sure if terrain interpolation method in v.outlier (which v.lidar.mcc uses) does match exactly the thin-plate interpolation that Evans & Hudak used.

When I find the time I will compare results and performance to the original mcc-tool... I hope the manual is understandable and I would be happy about feedback...

Cheers

Stefan