[GRASS-user] Problems with r.viewshed

Luis Miguel Royo Pérez luis.miguel.royo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 01:35:52 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

when I try to run r.viewshed the output shows me this:

Nodata value set to -nan
rows=198, cols=217, total = 42966
In-memory memory usage is 4298336 B (4 MB),             max mem
allowed=524288000 B(500MB)
*****  IN_MEMORY MODE  *****
Start sweeping.
Computing events ...
Sorting events...
Terminado.
Determine visibility...
r.viewshed: statusstructure.cpp:73: float
get_vertical_angle(Viewpoint, StatusNode, surface_type,
int): La declaración `fabs(sn.dist2vp) > 0.001' no se
cumple.

Anyone has a clue about what it could be happening?

I'm using GRASS 6.4.4 in Xubuntu 14.04.

I think I must say that a few days ago I installed GRASS 7 but I removed
it and reinstalled GRASS 6.4.4. Maybe is there any incompatibility?

Thanks a lot!!!