[GRASS-user] Obtain r.stream.extract accumulation map?

César Augusto Ramírez Franco caesarivs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:17:37 PDT 2015

Hello dear list

I'm using r.stream.extract to obtain a stream network and further
processing of the vector map (as points using v.to.points) in R to generate
longitudinal stream profiles and calculate the hypsometric curve, but I
need to include the accumulation value in my points DB.

The issue I'm having is that if I use r.watershed AFTER v.to.points to read
the raster values into the points, they don't quite match (i.e. points are
not where the max accum values are). I assume because I'm not calculating
the accumulation map the same way r.stream.extract is calculating it.

What I want is to obtain the same accumulation map used by r.stream.extract
when none is specified, how can I do this? It would be nice if
r.stream.extract would let me save the accumulation map it computes for
further use.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using Grass 6.4.3 on Ubuntu 14.04.

--
*César Augusto Ramírez Franco*
Laboratorio de Sistemas Complejos Naturales