[GRASS-user] LST

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 15 05:16:08 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 12:24 PM, Albert  Saribekyan
<albertsaribekyan at rambler.ru> wrote:
> Hello dear all.
>
> I need to calculate land surface temperature in grass gis 7 svn on windows.
>
> please ask me where can I get modis data and how execute the temprature
> (which layers are needed) , are there any module to execute LST or I should
> do it with r.mapcalc?

Which satellite sensor do you plan to use?

In case of MODIS, please check our open access paper:
Metz, M., Rocchini, D., Neteler, M., 2014. Surface temperatures at the
continental scale: Tracking changes with remote sensing at
unprecedented detail. Remote Sens 6, 3822–3840. doi:
http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/rs6053822

regards,
Markus