[GRASS-user] GRASS7 - WPS

Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus jorge.mendesdejesus at wur.nl
Tue Apr 28 03:17:31 PDT 2015

Hi Dominik

If you just want to call the GRASS modules using WPS then then best
choice is the WPS grass bridge

https://code.google.com/p/wps-grass-bridge/
<https://code.google.com/p/wps-grass-bridge/>

You can use pywps, ZOO or 52North as base WPS service that will then call
the grass functions/modules. Basicaly all grass modules become a WPS
service

I am only experienced with PyWPS therefore my answer is biased, PyWPS is
already prepared to set a GRASS enviroment and then run commands from there

http://pywps.wald.intevation.org/documentation/pywps-3.2/special/grass.html
<http://pywps.wald.intevation.org/documentation/pywps-3.2/special/grass.html>

Therefore it is practical for scripts that have to call multiple
modules to do processing

Zoo and 52North,  should also be able to do it you just have to google it,
or ask in their mailing list.

All the best
Jorge de Jesus

On 26-04-15 22:09, Blumentrath, Stefan wrote:

> Hi Dominik,
>

> I have no own experience. But you may find some inspiration here:
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2011-April/014005.html
>
> or here:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCnax9w1bCs&list=LLXg11JB6pCGQ8B1EYanrVlw&index=52
>
> or here:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2pb_Xjq8Y&list=LLXg11JB6pCGQ8B1EYanrVlw&index=50
>

> Seems like PyWPS is a (the) way to go…
>

> Cheers
>
> Stefan

ISRIC - World Soil Information
Post: PO box 353, 6700 AJ, Wageningen,
The Netherlands Visiting Address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3, 6708 PB
Wageningen (Bdg. 101),
Office: C.013
Office Phone: +31 (0) 317 4 83715
Mobile Phone: +31 (0) 613 9 06950