[GRASS-user] r.basin matplotlib error

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 01:35:01 PDT 2015

Dear Maning,

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running r.basin using GRASS 6.4.4 from KyngChaos.
>
> r.basin map=dem_90_int at PERMANENT prefix=out easting=712026.954
> northing=1212651.537 threshold=40 --overwrite
>
> I get this error, but the process continues.
>
> out_dem_90_int_dist2out Done
> ##################################
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/maning/Library/GRASS/6.4/Modules/bin/r.ipso", line 57,
> in <module>
>     import matplotlib #required by windows
> ImportError: No module named matplotlib
> ##################################
> ##################################
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/maning/Library/GRASS/6.4/Modules/bin/r.wf", line 48, in
> <module>
>     import matplotlib #required by windows
> ImportError: No module named matplotlib
> ##################################
> Reading maps...
>
> I was able to generate the maps and the Morphometric parameters.
> What does this error mean and does it have any implication in the
> Morphometric parameters results?

Matplotlib is a dependency needed for the graphic output, being the
hypsographic curve and the width function. If you don't need those
graphics, this error will not affect the result that you get. For what
concerns the reason why this dependency is missing in windows, I don't
know, perhaps packaging issue?

Best,
Margherita

> --
> cheers,
> maning

Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.