[GRASS-user] R: R: Digitize in GRASS7.0

Aldo Clerici aldo.clerici at unipr.it
Mon Aug 3 03:45:30 PDT 2015

Markus,
The sentence in the wxGUI Vector Digitizer page of the manual for 7.0:

USING A VECTOR BACKGROUND MAP
The vector digitizer allows you to select a "background" vector map. Loading it within the digitizer is different from simply loading it via Layer Manager since direct interaction with single vector features then becomes possible.
 A background map can be selected from the map layer contextual menu, in Layer Manager ("Use as Background Map"). Newly digitized vector features are snapped in the given threshold to the features from the background map. Vector features may be also copied from the background map by "Copy features from (background) vector map" tool from the digitizer toolbar.

Is not correct as in 7.0 as the ("Use as Background Map") option has been deleted.

So the page could be modified as follows (or something similar):

USING A VECTOR BACKGROUND MAP
The vector digitizer allows you to select a "background" vector map. Loading it within the digitizer is different from simply loading it via Layer Manager since direct interaction with single vector features then becomes possible.
Vector features may be copied from the background map by "Copy features from (background) vector map" tool from "additional tools" of the digitizer toolbar.
Newly digitized vector features are snapped in the given threshold to the features from the background map.

Aldo