[GRASS-user] Label vector map

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Aug 26 05:17:13 PDT 2015

On 26/08/15 13:25, henk witte wrote:
> Well, this is embarrassing – I cannot open my own pack!
>
> I created a new workspace with a default Cartesian projection but if I
> try to unpack I get
>
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\he
>
> nkwitte.GROENHOLLAND\\Documents\\grassdata/test/henkwitte/.t
>
> mp/unknown/8544.0\\PROJ_INFO'
>
> I have tries also with using the current-location-projection option, but
> same error.

v.unpack uses a simple check to verify that the data you want to import
is in the same projection system as the location. It does so by checking
the PROJ_INFO file that sits in the PERMANENT mapset. But cartesian
(i.e. un projected) locations do not have such a file, thus the error.

This means that in its current state v.unpack cannot import data into a
xy-location which I would consider a bug that should be reported in the
bug tracker.

Moritz