[GRASS-user] Reconnecting vector attribution with Postgres/PostGIS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 2 04:57:12 PST 2015

On 02/02/15 13:37, Paul Shapley wrote:
> Hi Grass 7 users.
>

> I am trying to connect some vector layers with thier respective
> attribute tables in postgres/postgis. The tables all connected under
> version 6.4.4 but not since upgrading to version 7RC1 (on winxp in this
> instance) they do not. It looks like Grass cannot find the database
> password but it is present in 'db.login'. Has anyone else had this
> happen? Here are the outputs:-

Apparently there was a change in the db driver that has the effect of
not allowing whitespace between the different connection parameters.

GRASS64:

db.connect driver=pg database="dbname=nc_grass,host=localhost" db.tables -p
=> OK

db.connect driver=pg database="dbname=nc_grass, host=localhost"
db.tables -p
=> OK

trunk (7.1):

db.connect driver=pg database="dbname=nc_grass,host=localhost"
db.tables -p
=> OK

db.connect driver=pg database="dbname=nc_grass, host=localhost"
db.tables -p
=>Error

I don't know if this was intended. Please file a bug report.

Moritz