[GRASS-user] r.in.gdal and .raw files

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 01:59:51 PST 2015

Markus,

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:51 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Margherita Di Leo <diregola at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>
> wrote:
> >> ... are you using the same GDAL version in QGIS and GRASS GIS?
> >
> > 1.10.1 (2013/08/26)
>
> Not that new :-)

So am I :-P
(You're right)

> >> But if it is a mosaic, the camera file got already postprocessed?
> >
> > Yes, sorry if I was unclear on this. It comes with its .hdr, in which I
> read
> > it's been postprocessed with ENVI.
>
> Aha, so it is an ENVI file.
>
> > However my curiosity was about qgis
> > handling it and grass not, using the same version of gdal..
>
> What does gdalinfo report on the file? If that works, r.in.gdal will work,
> too.

Says that it is not recognised as a supported file format.

> Important:
>
> http://www.gdal.org/frmt_various.html#ENVI
> "To select an existing ENVI raster file select the binary file
> containing the data..."
>
> Maybe you specified the hdr file?

Nope. I'm sure I specified the raw file.

--
Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.