[GRASS-user] r.category value range

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Feb 5 02:40:08 PST 2015

On 05/02/15 11:12, Martin Album Ytre-Eide wrote:
> Hey, thanks!
>
> r.recode worked for me. As mentioned r.category clames it can do
> this, and in different cases - it might be more usefull to work with
> labels. I was trying to add labels and then do a "r.mapcalc
> expression="snow_type= @lwc_2014_05_15" " in order to use the labels
> as values. But r.recode did this in one go, so that was better. But
> if one was to use the labels in a label instead of the values - it
> would be good if the r.category worked as intended. I think I have
> done that before, so maybe label range (with r.category) works with
> d.legend? - did you try this Moritz?

Yes, as I said: "However, it does not know how to display it in a decent
manner. The same goes for d.legend. Or r.what. IIUC, modules that read
cat values just don't seem to have been foreseen for this case."

I did not think about r.mapcalc. If you know that this worked with a
specific version of GRASS, it would be interesting for us to know. That
would allow us to retrace the changes that might have broken that feature.

Moritz