[GRASS-user] Directional Vector Networks (e.g. stream networks)

Weier, Mitchell S. mweier at nd.gov
Fri Feb 13 09:54:59 PST 2015

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to add nodes to a stream network created by r.stream.extract and  quickly query which nodes are upstream and which are downstream?  For instance, maybe I have a wetland that sometimes is dry; and therefore, I would like to remove it from the stream network.  Basically, I'm looking at routing flow accumulation down the network, accounting for storage in wetlands to determine a contributing drainage area for a given runoff event.

I assume that you can add the wetland nodes using v.net<http://v.net> somehow, but it isn't clear to me how to relate these nodes with each other (i.e. whether one node is upstream or downstream or on a different stream than another).

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mitch

Mitchell Weier, P.E.