[GRASS-user] grass-user Digest, Vol 106, Issue 34

Thayer Young thayeray at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 13 12:54:30 PST 2015

I don't know if you have tried this yet, but you may also want to look at r.terraflow.  It does both D8 (single flow direction) and multiple flow direction (flow is partitioned, according to the steepness of slope, to all directions that are lower than the central cell).  Supposedly you can also switch from MFD to SFD once flow exceeds a threshold, but I have not been successful at doing this.  It would be a simple simulation of channelization though.

Just set the D8 flag in the options tab, otherwise it will give you MFD by default.

-Thayer