[GRASS-user] Is the location's VAR file required?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:26:24 PST 2015

Hi Markus,
I wrote the details in another recent email and I forgot to write the here,
sorry.
GRASS 7.0.0 RC1 on Ubuntu 14.04.
I'm creating a temporary database with an empty start location, with no CRS
defined (proj code 0, i.e. XY).
My location contains only the the WIND and DEFAULT_WIND files with the
following content:

proj:       0
zone:       0
north:      1
south:      0
east:       1
west:       0
cols:       1
rows:       1
e-w resol:  1
n-s resol:  1
top:        1
bottom:     0
cols3:      1
rows3:      1
depths:     1
e-w resol3: 1
n-s resol3: 1
t-b resol:  1

The env variables I'm using are:

export PYTHONPATH='/usr/lib/grass70/etc/python'
export GISRC='/tmp/tmp9YVf_N/gisrc'
export GRASS_VERSION='7.0.0'
export
PATH='/usr/lib/grass70/bin:/usr/lib/grass70/scripts:/home/giova/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin'
export GIS_LOCK=$$
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/usr/lib/grass70/lib'
export GISBASE='/usr/lib/grass70'

Whatevere shapefile I try to import I obtain a segfault.
This is the test command:

:/ v.in.ogr dsn="/mnt/data/centroids.shp" output=centroids
location=workLocation -ie

If I add the VAR file with:

DB_DRIVER: sqlite
DB_DATABASE: $GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite/sqlite.db

eveythign works fine.
giovanni

--
Giovanni Allegri