[GRASS-user] Searching for technical details on how v.rast.stats calculates means and other statistics

RichardCooper richtcooper at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 06:43:49 PST 2015

The output from g.region:
g.region -p
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      wgs84
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      35:38:24N
south:      15:10:48S
west:       89:45:36E
east:       140:34:48E
nsres:      0:13:12
ewres:      0:13:12
rows:       231
cols:       231
cells:      53361

This is r.univar without the zone file:
r.univar map=cahpa_i0apr_05216_nc_remapped_nc_1 at prcp05216ijk
total null and non-null cells: 53361
total null cells: 16564
Of the non-null cells:
----------------------
n: 36797
minimum: 0
maximum: 0.00282167
range: 0.00282167
mean: 7.79549e-05
mean of absolute values: 7.79549e-05
standard deviation: 0.000106692
variance: 1.13832e-08
variation coefficient: 136.864 %
sum: 2.86850755307868
(Fri Feb 20 21:41:59 2015) Command finished (0 sec)

Please also see my earlier comment, where I edited the previous message:
copied here: