[GRASS-user] 7.0.0 Mac OS X Install Notes

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at 3DTOPO.com
Sun Feb 22 14:25:01 PST 2015

Greetings,

I noticed the following minor issues while installing GRASS 7.0.0 on Mac OS X. While they are not any obstacles for me, it may block some others from a smooth installation. Therefore I would recommend adding a the following notes to the install page (http://grassmac.wikidot.com/frameworks).

1. The install page does not link to the PROJ or UnixImageIO Frameworks:
	http://www.kyngchaos.com/files/software/frameworks/PROJ_Framework-4.8.0-1.dmg
	http://www.kyngchaos.com/files/software/frameworks/UnixImageIO_Framework-1.5.0.dmg

2. The order of the install packages for some of the packages is important. It may be nice to list the order in which to install the frameworks (perhaps order the list?)

3. Following successful installation of the GRASS-7.0.pkg the installed directory permissions are set that a user cannot open the folder until changing the permissions from:

	drwx------   3 503     wheel    102 Feb 22 14:09 GRASS

This can be resolved by adding “sudo chmod -R 755 /Applications/GRASS” (or similar) the the package installer postflight script.

Thank you so much for all the development over the decades GRASS GIS Team!

Cheers,

Jeshua Lacock
Founder/Engineer
3DTOPO Incorporated