[GRASS-user] Importing xyz raster with corner coordinates?

Lauri Myllyvirta lauri.myllyvirta at greenpeace.org
Mon Feb 23 05:48:13 PST 2015

Hello,

I need to import a set of raster data in ASCII xyz format, with the
coordinates referring to the southwest corner of the grid cell rather than
the center as is the convention. I can think of a number of clumsy ways to
solve the problem by scripting, either involving importing the raster first
with an incorrect region definition, or by batch editing the text files,
but am wondering if there is an elegant way to do this. For example, adding
a simple +(resolution / 2) offset to both the lat and lon coordinates would
do. I already tested and simply using the correct region definition and
hoping that the data falls into the correct grid cells does not work.

I am importing a total of over 2000 raster layers, so the solution needs to
be automated. I work with .sh scripts.

This is the dataset in question, in case it is of relevance:
http://www.nies.go.jp/REAS/#data sets

Thank you for any help, Best

Lauri Myllyvirta  (Mr.)
senior global campaigner, coal
Greenpeace
mobile +48 66 40 66 382 (Poland, primary)
mobile +86 157 1002 1563 (China)
skype laurimyllyvirta