[GRASS-user] Odd r.mask behaviour (v6.4.2 and v6.4.3)

Michael Spencer spencer.mike.r at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 06:58:06 PST 2015

I'm getting odd results from using r.mask. The expected behaviour is that
when applied it masks off all rasters in the working mapset, however what
I'm getting is it only masks off the raster used as a mask.

This doesn't happen when I create a mask using a different raster, this
behaves as expected and masks all rasters in the current mapset.

Detail:

Working mask: reclass of another raster
Not working mask: subset of above, created by applying a mask and using
mapcalc (newmap=oldmap).

Any help greatly appreciated!
Mike