[GRASS-user] v.generalize: does it take forever?

Fábio Dias fabio.dias at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:29:14 PST 2015

Another info update (and shameless bump)
Around 18M primitives and 130M vertices.

And I'm left wondering... Has nobody tried to generalize this amount
of data yet? Or I'm going about this on the wrong way?

I even mounted the grassdata dir as a ramdisk to try to speed up the
process, but it is still way too slow...

Thanks for everything,
-=--=-=-
Fábio Augusto Salve Dias
http://sites.google.com/site/fabiodias/