[GRASS-user] r.terraflow on massive DEM

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 03:59:40 PST 2015

Hi list,

I'm trying to run r.terraflow on a very large DEM but I wander if it's
__too large__.

The region dimensions are:
ncol=141114
nrow=140487
Data type = CELL

The map is actually a reclass map of a raster that I imported using
r.external.

When I run r.terraflow I get:

r.terraflow elevation=srtm_brasil at PERMANENT filled=srtm_fill
direction=flowdir swatershed=sink accumulation=flowacc tci=srtm_tci
directory=E:\terraflow_temp

WARNING: raster srtm_brasil is of type CELL_TYPE --you should use
r.terraflow.short
ERROR: [nrows=140487, ncols=141114] dimension_type overflow -- change
dimension_type and recompile
(Mon Jan 12 09:57:18 2015) Command finished (0
sec)

However, I don't have an r.terraflow.short command
I'm running Grass 7.0.0beta4 from OsGeo4W

Cheers
Daniel