[GRASS-user] r.terraflow on massive DEM

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 03:00:01 PST 2015

Stephan, I'll give r.watershed a try and let it run for a couple of days.
Thanks

Thayer, I used r.recode because the person that sent me the data messed up
the null values. So in order to fix that I did:
1) use r.external to bring the data to Grass
2) fix null values with r.recode, which was faster than r.null

But I gave up on that path and since imported the data (r.in.gdal) and
fixed the null values with r.null.
I'm also using integer values (CELL type) because from what I heard, SRTM
does not provide floating point data.

Now I tried to run r.terraflow but I got a type error which asked me to use
r.terraflow.short. Since I don't have that command in my grass instalatin,
I converted the SRTM data to float. But that was to no avail since it's now
giving me a dimensions type overflow error and asking me to change the
dimension_type and recompile.

I'll give r.watershed a try. If that does not work, I'll see if I can
recompile.

Thanks
Daniel