[GRASS-user] Large Grass Raster Notes

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 11:04:05 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Jeshua Lacock <jeshua at 3dtopo.com> wrote:

> Actually, I misspoke, the wildcard will not work with long lists either as
> it will crash with some kind argument too long message as well.

This is strange, the wild card is interpreted inside the module, so the
argument list shouldn't be too long. If you don't quite the pattern the
shell can do the expansion but this is not what you want.

Correct:

g.remove ... pattern="landsat_*"

Incorrect:

g.remove ... pattern=landsat_*

The later will transform the command line to:

g.remove ... pattern=landsat_01 landsat_02 landsat_03 landsat_04 ...

in case you are in directory with files or directories named landsat_01,
landsat_02, landsat_03, ...

What is the message you get? And what is the command return code (do echo
$? to find out)?