[GRASS-user] v.to.rast

patrick s. patrick_gis at gmx.net
Thu Jul 30 05:26:47 PDT 2015

Thanks Stefan

It seems first of all v.out.ascii is slow. Following your proposaI, the
tmp-file has only 5300 observations after 9min15s. As I have 650.000
points this export will need approx. 18h! Can I speed this up somehow?
(Database-driver is dbf)

Patrick

P.S. g.region -up & v.info are given below.

##g.region -up
projection: 99 (Swiss. Obl. Mercator)
zone:       0
datum:      ch1903
ellipsoid:  bessel
north:      1297000
south:      1074200
west:       2484400
east:       2834800
nsres:      25
ewres:      25
rows:       8912
cols:       14016
cells:      124910592

##v.info
  Number of points:       647957          Number of centroids: 0          |
  |   Number of lines:        0               Number of boundaries:
0          |
  |   Number of areas:        0               Number of islands:
0          |
  | |
  |   Map is 3D: No                                               |
  |   Number of dblinks: 1                                                |
  | |
  |   Projection: Swiss. Obl.
Mercator                                         |
  | |
  |               N:           1294822    S: 1075554                 |