[GRASS-user] i.atcorr for GeoEye-1 and Worldview-3

Kamhul Camhol monk_purple at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 19:23:39 PDT 2015

Dear Markus,
Thank you for taking time to address my queries. My apologies but new as I am to handling high-resolution images (I started with ArcGIS), I am even more of an ignoramus in python. Well perhaps I need to learn programming in the long run but this task is somewhat pressing.

How do I get the filter curves for the two sensors and where?

 Hello. I'm quite new with GRASS but I need to atmospherically process
> high-resolution imagery with i.atcorr. I have three images Quickbird,
> GeoEye-1 and Worldview-3 imagery of a single scene across three time
> periods. For Quickbird, I have all the data needed but basing from the
> following manual GRASS GIS manual: i.atcorr
> there appears to be no values for two required inputs for GeoEye-1 and
> Worldview-3.

Yes, at time only Quickbird but not GeoEye-1 and Worldview-3 are supported.

> These are geometrical conditions and band. May I know if GRASS
> has updated the i.atcorr manual to include these sensors as well? Can I use
> the values of Worldview-2 for Worldview-3? Or is there any other way to do
> the atmospheric correction for these two sensors?

We would be happy to add support for these sensors. We need the
spectral filter curves for that, in order to integrate them in

The procedure is explained here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_0/imagery/i.atcorr/README

I can do this integration but I would need to get the filter curves of
GeoEye-1 and Worldview-3 for that (no time to search myself).

     On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 9:06 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

 On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 6:56 AM, Kamhul Camhol <monk_purple at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello. I'm quite new with GRASS but I need to atmospherically process
> high-resolution imagery with i.atcorr. I have three images Quickbird,
> GeoEye-1 and Worldview-3 imagery of a single scene across three time
> periods. For Quickbird, I have all the data needed but basing from the
> following manual GRASS GIS manual: i.atcorr
> there appears to be no values for two required inputs for GeoEye-1 and
> Worldview-3.

Yes, at time only Quickbird but not GeoEye-1 and Worldview-3 are supported.

> These are geometrical conditions and band. May I know if GRASS
> has updated the i.atcorr manual to include these sensors as well? Can I use
> the values of Worldview-2 for Worldview-3? Or is there any other way to do
> the atmospheric correction for these two sensors?

We would be happy to add support for these sensors. We need the
spectral filter curves for that, in order to integrate them in
i.atcorr.

The procedure is explained here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_7_0/imagery/i.atcorr/README

I can do this integration but I would need to get the filter curves of
GeoEye-1 and Worldview-3 for that (no time to search myself).

Best
Markus