[GRASS-user] i.atcorr for GeoEye-1 and Worldview-3

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Jun 5 01:52:06 PDT 2015

* Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> [2015-06-05 09:43:40 +0200]:

..

> >> Maybe with a little more crowd-hunting or by someone just contacting
> >> DigitalGlobe we would get the table of values right away?
> >
> > I tried to contact DigitalGlobe in the past about WV2.  I did not
> > succeed back then.  Maybe now if someone has recently bought some WV3
> > imagery.
>
> Is this data confidential ? I would imagine that for DigitalGlobe it is
> an advantage if software can use their products, or ?

I don't think this data is confidential. If we dig more, it must be
somewhere. But, as with WV2, and other sensors, when I set out to get
the respective numbers, I realised that it wasn't a str8 line.  For
example, <http://apollomapping.com/> offered these numbers in white
papers and excel files, while DG did not.

Note, that commercial software did have these numbers integrated already
in their corresponding processing tools. And, though I haven't checked,
I guess there is already the option to perform conversions and
atmospherric corrections for WV3 imagery.

If these data are for sale, I am in to contribute in buying them, as
much as I can.

Nikos