[GRASS-user] Problem in running r.sim.water

vishal tiwari hi.vishal123 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 02:21:43 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to run the r.sim.water in GRASS. I have calculated the partial
derivatives dx and dy rater map using r.slope.aspect. I am using this
elevation map [1] to get the time-series depth map. But I think the output
file is not being saved in the "outputDepth" rater map (says failed to
open, on seeing the metadata).

> r.sim.water -t elevin=testElevationLive at sampleMapSet dxin=dx at sampleMapSet
dyin=dy at sampleMapSet rain_val=150 manin_val=0.015 depth=outputDepth
nwalk=50000 outiter=20

STDOUT:

Min elevation   = 43.00 m
Max elevation   = 103.00 m
Mean Source Rate (rainf. excess or sediment)    = 0.000030 m/s or kg/m2s
Mean flow velocity  = 21.486384 m/s
Mean Mannings   = 0.015121
Number of iterations    = 647482826 cells
Time step   = 0.00 s

and on the command console:

Command 'd.rast map=outputDepth at sampleMapSet' failed
Details: Raster map <outputDepth at sampleMapSet> not found

[1] https://www.dropbox.com/s/ooxcj0y6v2kzeml/testElevationLive.tif?dl=0

Thanks and Regards,
--
Vishal Tiwari