[GRASS-user] Are RADAR GIFs raster?

Thomas Adams tea3rd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 12:28:23 PDT 2015

José <https://plus.google.com/u/0/109748848159632478544?prsrc=4>,

I'm very familiar with these data and how they are produced. I think by
doing what you are doing, you are only getting color values of the data;
so, unless you're interested -only- in pretty pictures of radar
*reflectivity*, this is useless. You should go here:

http://water.weather.gov/precip/

to get precipitation data and click on the 'Download' tab which will get
you here:

http://water.weather.gov/precip/download.php

The data downloads as shapefiles, so you'll have to do some spatial
interpolation. This data has been quality control much better than what you
could get through the link you were using.

Tom