[GRASS-user] How work the "-c" option of grass text

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 15:44:47 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to create a batch procedure that create a "mapset" and load
some rasters on it.

To do this I'm studyng the "-c" option of grass70 textual start.

But I'm not sure to undertsand how it work.

Infact if I try this command:

grass70 -text -c /path-raster/immagine.tif  /path-grassdata/test_location -e

The grass give me an error.

Instead if I try this other command:

grass70 -text -c /path-raster/immagine.tif
/path-grassdata/test_location/test-mapset -e

The grass give no error and close regularly.
Bu the result is not correct for me.
Infact it  produce a new folder named "test_location" and inside the
"permanent" folder.
Instead I guess it should produce the folder "test_location" and the
"permanent" at the same level of the "test_location".

Surely I'm wrong something but I'm not clear what.

any hint is welcome.