[GRASS-user] issues with addon scripts

Bulent Arikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 13:43:09 PDT 2015

Dear List,

I am having issues with adding on scripts to GRASS 7.0 stable (running Mac OS 10.10.2 Yosemite). I am the Administrator. I have the “Modules” folder that contains bin, scripts, etc. in /Users/bulentarikan/Library/GRASS/7.0
The add-on base is defined as: bash: /Users/bulentarikan/Library/GRASS/7.0/Modules: is a directory

The path is:

bash: /Applications/GRASS_7.0/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/bin:/Applications/GRASS_7.0/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/scripts:/Users/bulentarikan/Library/GRASS/7.0/Modules/bin:/Users/bulentarikan/Library/GRASS/7.0/Modules/scripts:-framework:

The script I am trying to add on is not available in the add-on repository as far as I know. I used BatChmod to make sure that I have the permissions of the (.py) script folder. Then I moved the script into the “scripts” folder located under (right click on the GRASS 7.0 app >Contents>MacOS). In the scripts folder, all scripts have black icons with the word ‘exec’ on the upper left corner. The script I dropped into the scripts folder did not have that, so I used:

chmod +x /Users/bulentarikan/Desktop/r.landscape.evol7.py

However, that did not change anything! The file is still not executable. So, my first question is, how can I make the script file an executable file?

In the Terminal, I call the script by typing its name. I get the error below:

Does this mean that I also need to have the executable file in /Users/bulentarikan/Library/GRASS/7.0/Modules?

Thank you!

BÜLENT ARIKAN
Assistant Professor
Department of Ecology and Evolution