[GRASS-user] Copy raster map from one unprojected location to another

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 04:15:26 PDT 2015

Thanks for your ideas.
I tried the pack-unpack approach. However, it seems that I can unpack and
import the raster map,
as there is no PROJ-file associated with that map. Here the error when
unpacking the *.pack that
was created in an unprojected location.

r.unpack --overwrite
input=/media/grassgis_data/tmp/tmp_Cele_raster_pack/my_raster.pack
output=my_raster
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/grass-7.0.1svn/scripts/r.unpack", line
146, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/local/grass-7.0.1svn/scripts/r.unpack", line
104, in main
    proj=True):
  File
"/usr/local/grass-7.0.1svn/etc/python/grass/script/core.py",
line 863, in compare_key_value_text_files
    checkunits=units)
  File
"/usr/local/grass-7.0.1svn/etc/python/grass/script/core.py",
line 790, in _text_to_key_value_dict
    text = open(filename, "r").readlines()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'PROJ_INFO'

So maybe I need to go with the geotiff-approach. Is there any reason why
there is no PROJ for an
unprojected location? Wouldn't it also make sense to define a EPSG-code for
such special type of "projection"?

/Johannes