[GRASS-user] Projection errors

Paul Shapley p.shapley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 05:34:47 PDT 2015

Hi Users,

I'm having the problem of projecting a source map (landsat 8 image) into a
target location (Ordnance Survey UK) in Grass 7.

I have tried the r.pack/unpack method but i get the following error:-

'WARNING: Projection information does not match. Proceeding...'

The resulting view shows both images but the landsat image is many
kilometres to the north of where it should overlap.
Have also made 'PROJ2'(see below) with the same n,s,e,w as 'PROJ1'(see
below) but still the same result as above.

As i understand it the underlying Landsat images are in the WGS84/lon-lat
format.
I'm wondering should i use m.proj to first convert the co-ordinates to
OrdSurvey?

I seem to recall just using 'r.proj' in the past with no problems at all
but now i get error:-

'WARNING: pj_transform() failed: latitude or longitude exceeded limits'

I'm a little confused as to which module to use to get around this problem.

g.region
-b
north latitude:   89:59:47.524206N
south latitude:   49:45:56.915978N