[GRASS-user] Projection errors

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Thu Mar 26 09:03:41 PDT 2015

Paul, I hope I understand what you are asking. So, this is what works
for me:

1) import the Landsat(8 or any) imagery in a Location defined by their
"native" spatial reference system. In GRASS7, you can do something
quickly from the command line:

# create location
grass7 -c /path/to/georeferenced.image
/path/to/grass-data-base/NameForNewLocation

# import
r.in.gdal ...

# set your region, for example
g.region raster=Imported_Band_1

# create a vector out of the current region
v.in.region out=Working_Region

2) create another location based on the espg in question and reproject
in it the stuff from the "source" Location. Again, quickly from the
command line:

# create location based on given epsg
grass7 -c epsg:27700 /path/to/grass-data-base/NameForEPSG27700Location

# reproject the "region" vector map...
v.proj in=Working_Region dbase=/path/to/grass-data-base
location=NameForNewLocation mapset=PERMANENT #or other Mapset!

# set region usig it
g.region vect=Working_Region

# reproject your rasters -- example below for one image
r.proj input=Imported_Band_1 dbase=/path/to/grass-data-base
location=NameForNewLocation mapset=PERMANENT #or other Mapset!

In general, this is the best way (I know of) to reproject raster data
from one Location to another one (with different reference systems of
course).

Nikos

ps- please, let us not forget to keep discussion in the public mailing
list

On 26.03.2015 17:40, Paul Shapley wrote:
> Yes...that's correct
> On 26 Mar 2015 15:29, "Nikos Alexandris" <nik at nikosalexandris.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 26.03.2015 14:34, Paul Shapley wrote:
>>
>>  I'm having the problem of projecting a source map (landsat 8 image)
>> into a
>>> target location (Ordnance Survey UK) in Grass 7.
>>>

>> Is it this one: <EPSG:27700> ?
>>
>> Nikos
>>
>> [..]

Nikos