[GRASS-user] GRASS crashes while running i.atcorr

Jake Chila jake.chila at gmail.com
Fri May 1 07:33:01 PDT 2015

hi all,

So I am trying to run i.atcorr but every time I run it, the whole program
goes unresponsive and crashes. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there
any way I can fix it?

One thing that might be causing it is my parameters text file. I'm not
totally sure I understand what all the fields are but here is an example of
the parameter files I have created. This one is for the second band of a
landsat 5 TM scene over central British Columbia

7
8 15 18.49 -116.027755 50.267045
2
0
0
0
-1000
26

I understand most of the parameters except the aerosol model, mean target
elevation and sensor height. Are these in the metadata file? I don't know
about the aerosol module, but for the elevation, doesn't this come from the
DEM attached? Lastly, I went with -1000 for sensor height because the grass
wiki page says -1000 sensor height (here, sensor on board a satellite) so I
assumed this was a preset value.

Once again, I don't know if the parameter file is the issue, or the only
issue at least, so any advice running i.atcorr would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

JDC