[GRASS-user] System locale is not usable issue.

Rodrigo A. León Loya rleonloya at geociencias.unam.mx
Mon May 4 08:32:42 PDT 2015

El 2015-04-30 15:21, Markus Neteler escribió:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 3:35 AM, Rodrigo A. León Loya
> <rleonloya at geociencias.unam.mx> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello,
>>
>>  I have trouble with starting grass. I messed up with my
>> .bash_profile and
>> the terminal commands and programs running under python were gone
>> (including
>> GRASS).. I fixed the other programs and but when i try to start
>> grass the
>> next error is printed in the terminal:
>>
>>  "System locale is not usable. It indicates misconfigured
>> environment.
>> Reported error message: unsupported locale setting
>> Fix system locale settings and then try again."
>>
>>   I`m using MAC OS by the way. I tried to uninstall and re-install
>> grass but
>> didn´t work. So I don´t now what to do. Thank you very much in
>> advance for
>> your help. Have a nice day.
>
> Can you please post the results of these two commands (to be executed
> in a terminal):
>
> echo $LC_ALL
> echo $LANG
>
> In the startup script there is test for these.
>
> Another thing to try: edit (or delete) the file
> $HOME/.grass7/wx
>
> which may contain a line "language;..." <<-- remove from file. Or
> delete this wx file which just contains some GUI user setting.
>
> Let us know how it goes,
> Markus

   Hello Markus

  The results for both lines in terminal are:

      en.US.UTF-8

  And i have no archive named wx, in that directory there is just
another empty carpet named "toolboxes" and another text file named "rc"
which lines are the Location name, the Gisdatabase, Mapset and the final
one GUI: wxpython.

   Thank you very much and have a nice day

--
RODRIGO ALEJANDRO LEÓN LOYA