[GRASS-user] Grass 7 and 7.1 r.surf.idw problem

Robert Kuszinger kuszinger at giscom.hu
Thu May 7 03:28:18 PDT 2015

(I'm sorry for the previous one going out without subject)

Hello,

I've tried to use r.surf.idw on a large raster. It works well in 6.4.4.

I've moved to 7.1 SVN, where everything is marvellous, at least what I use,
except r.surf.idw which creates the same output as the impot was.
I've also svn-ed and compiled 7.0.1, where r.surf.idw did the same.

Namely:

r.surf.idw --overwrite --verbose input=output_temp1 output=output_temp2
npoints=7

when finished, output_temp2 is the same as output_temp1 and no
interpolation seems to be done.

One more big difference:
6.4.4 uses less than 2G ram and finishes in a few minutes. In 7.0 and 7.1
it eats all 6GB RAM, 4 GB SWAP and runs much-much longer, understandably...

Should I stay with 6.4.4?

thanks