[GRASS-user] Add DB entries to vector line (after v.split)

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon May 11 00:43:31 PDT 2015

On 08/05/15 19:10, Ken Nussear wrote:
> Thanks very much, that is all working well. I did try the addon you
> mention, but using grass7 it wont install in either linux or mac os

It's just a shell script, so you might be able to just download it and
run it in a GRASS GIS session, unless the script uses specific grass6
features.

> I'm having some trouble with the final layer though when trying to
> sample a raster....
>

> Using this command
>
> v.what.rast map=TSELinesSplit500_w_lay2 at PERMANENT type=centroid
> raster=a250m_ATI at MojaveCovariates_250m column=RC1
>
> WARNING: No record for category 0 in table <TSELinesSplit500_w_lay2>
>
> Any idea why I have no category 0?

This actually sounds like you have a feature with category 0 (which
AFAIK shouldn't happen, unless you ask for it explicitely), but that
there is no entry for this feature in the attribute table.

You could run v.to.db op=cat to create entries in the table for any
features that don't have one yet.

Moritz