[GRASS-user] Creating Raster Subsets in GRASS 7.0.0

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon May 11 23:33:46 PDT 2015

On 08/05/15 19:13, Jake Chila wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am currently working with some landsat data in Grass 7.0.0 on windows
> 7, and am trying to hone in on my study area (much smaller than the
> whole scene). From what I can tell, the best way to do this is through
> the 'g.region' command however, I am having significant problems getting
> this module to run correctly.
>
> my input is:
>
> g.region n=5572425 s=5536865 e=655050 w=626350 res=30
>
> One thing is that it runs in '0 seconds' so I think that is a little odd.

It's normal as the command just changes a few entries in a text file, so
it is really fast.

> When I use the 'g.region -d' command I can see that everything is set
> properly,

Did you maybe mean g.region -p ? At least this is the command you should
use to check current region settings.

> however when I update the map display nothing changes. Also,
> when I export the file using 'r.out.gdal' it exports nothing.
>

> ('r.out.gdal -t -f --overwrite input=LT5_2007_ATCORRCOMP at May_Project
> output=C:\Users\Jacob\Desktop\GRASS_Trials\exportattempt5 format=GTiff
> type=Uint16 nodata=0)

That should normally respect the region settings.

What does

r.info LT5_2007_ATCORRCOMP

give you ?

Moritz