[GRASS-user] BigTiff files in Grass

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed May 13 14:26:27 PDT 2015

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Irantzu Alvarez
<irantzu.alvarez at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to import a raster (geotiff) in Grass with size of 64 GB . It
> makes me an error like this:
>
> ERROR 4: This is a BigTIFF file. BigTIFF is not supported by this version of
> GDAL and libtiff.
>
> I have read that I have to compile again the GDAL library, but I don't know
> how to do it. Can someone help me?

Please let us know which operating system you are using.

In general, you may simply enable the GDAL-internal geotiff:

./configure \
  --with-geotiff=internal --with-libtiff=internal

With more details we may be better able to help.

Markus

--
http://courses.neteler.org
http://gis.cri.fmach.it/neteler/