[GRASS-user] Aggregating daily maps in relative strds per month

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Mon May 18 14:17:55 PDT 2015

Hi Nikos,

> * Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com> [2015-05-18 20:34:19 +0200]:
>
>> Hi Nikos,
>> You need to use t.remove to delete the time stamps from the temporal
>> database. The *.timestamp modules should not be used at all. They are not
>> connected with the temporal framework.
>> The error appears because the maps still have relative time stamps in the
>> temporal database which can not be overwritten with absolute time stamps.
>
> Thanks for spotting.  I am not sure about the following:
>
> 1) how does t.connect/t.create work if I erase the "tgis"
> directory manually?  Is it not possible to create a new tgis from
> scratch?

The tgis directory can be removed, all temporal commands will check if
the mapset specific temporal database exists and will create one if
needed.

> 2) although I remove strds-es via t.remove, the command `t.list rast` still
> shows maps which do not exist anymore anywhere. How come?

Maps can be registered in several different STDS. Hence removing a
STDS without explicitly removing the registered map layers (forced
with -rf) will only un-register the maps from the specific STDS but
not from the temporal database.
Use t.unregister to simply un-register map layers from the temporal
database (and all associated STDS) or use the -rf option in t.remove
to fully remove map layers from the temporal and spatial database. The
module g.remove will not delete the time stamps from the temporal
database, since only temporal commands are aware of it. The module
t.support allows to check STDS for removed or overwritten map layers
to update the temporal database accordingly.

Best regards
Soeren