[GRASS-user] GRASS 7 subpixel shift of imported Landsat data

Tomáš Brunclík brunclik at atlas.cz
Fri May 29 07:17:33 PDT 2015

Hello,
so I looked into my packaging system and found i have installed gdal
1.10.1 and 1.7.0.
Uninstalled 1.70 and GRASS 7 gui stopped to work. Found on internet it
could be related to geos version, found I have four of them installed,
removed all except the one needed by my grass 6.4. That did not help.
Installed today's GRASS snapshot, which showed the same behavior.
Tried to look what versions of libs it is using via g.version on the
command-line and found that command misses two libraries:

GRASS 7.0.1svn (utm33n):~ > ldd `which g.version` | grep not
     libgeos-3.2.0.so => not found
     libgdal1.6.0.so.1 => not found

So I linked newer versions I now have to the missing filenames:

GRASS 7.0.1svn (utm33n):~ > sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libgeos-3.4.2.so
/usr/lib/libgeos-3.2.0.so
GRASS 7.0.1svn (utm33n):~ > sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libgdal.so.1.17.1
/usr/lib/libgdal1.6.0.so.1

Ugly hack, I know, but GRASS 7 started to work again, and the shift
disappeared, problem solved.

Seems it was probably the version 1.7 of gdal, because I had it the same
problems also with older snapshots than with the one described in my
first post.
The g.version and GUI still shows gdal 1.6.3., perhaps because of the
hack, but I am happy it works finally...

Verze GRASSu: 7.0.1svn
Revize SVN GRASSu:: 65339
Datum sestavení: 2015-05-29
Platforma sestavení: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
GDAL/OGR: 1.6.3
PROJ.4: 4.7.0
GEOS: 3.2.0
SQLite: 3.7.13
Python: 2.7.5+
wxPython: 3.0.1.1
Platforma: Linux-3.11-2-amd64-x86_64-with-LinuxMint-1-debian

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,
Tomas