[GRASS-user] compiling an addon in grass 7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun May 31 05:03:10 PDT 2015

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 7:28 AM,  <skhare at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I would like to install r.refine addon in grass 7. I have the c/c++ code of
> r.refine and I installed grass 7 and grass-dev.

Quick question: Is r.refine online available (for testing)? Do you refer to
https://github.com/jontodd/r.refine
?

It appears to be written for an older GRASS GIS version.

> When I compile it keeps giving me error about grass-src directory.

You can compile like this (example for path) as on my machine:

make MODULE_TOPDIR=$HOME/software/grass70

Indeed, you need to have the compiled GRASS GIS source code available for that.
As Venka wrote:

sudo apt-get install grass-dev

will get the source code onto your computer.

However, the r.refine version needs to be GRASS GIS 7 ready, otherwise
it won't compile.

Best
Markus