[GRASS-user] compiling an addon in grass 7

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun May 31 12:37:06 PDT 2015

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 5:56 PM, shashank khare <skhare at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded the source from  https://github.com/jontodd/r.refine. I am willing to port it to grass 7 if i get help.

Great!

> I guess the author is not supporting it since there is no commit after 2006. This is my first project on Grass. Is there any  tutorial/documentation on how to to write addons for grass 7?

Yes, sure. It is written like any other GRASS GIS module.

> I developed a plugin for qgis and its really easy with so much documentation available online. I wish it were the case with Grass. But nonetheless I want to give Grass a serious try.

Please let us know where you looked for it and didn't find it - I
would like to improve the documentation.
A good chance to make it better!

> Will try with compiled source code today. When i installed grass-dev I do not see the source code of grass on my system. Which dir does it go to?

This depends on the package/distro. You can use your package manager
(apt-get or aptitude in your case) to see where the files of the
"grass-dev" package are on your machine.

HTH
Markus