[GRASS-user] Is Watershed image segmentation program in GRASS GIS?

Uttam Kumar uttamsinha09 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 01:32:31 PST 2015

Hi Leonardo,

I went through the paper "
Semi-automated_mapping_of_burned_areas_in_semi-arid_ecosystems_using_MODIS_time-series_imagery
<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/269692754_Semi-automated_mapping_of_burned_areas_in_semi-arid_ecosystems_using_MODIS_time-series_imagery>"
and I am also trying to do something similar except that I want to separate
water bodies.

Is it possible for you to share the GRASS code on segmentation (based on
Pratt,  W.K.,  2001.  Digital  Image  Processing.  NY:
Wiley-Interscience,  New  York,  pp. 491–556.) which you executed as an ad
hoc function in r.mapcalc.

Appreciate any help.

Uttam.