[GRASS-user] Do filters available in GRASS takes care of cell padding?

Uttam Kumar uttamsinha09 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 02:44:22 PST 2015

Hi,

Do the filters available in GRASS GIS such as average, low pass, high pass
filters take care of cell padding automatically?

By Cell paddding, I refer to duplicating the first row on top, duplicating
bottom row at the bottom, duplicating first column before the actual first
column and duplicating last column after the actual last column.

This may be required if we are trying to do any filter operation on the
(1,1) of the image. The filter will search for pixels above and left of the
center pixels.

Can we do it using r.mapcalc? Please suggest how to do this?

Thank you for any response.

Uttam.