[GRASS-user] grass-user Digest, Vol 114, Issue 1

patrick s. patrick_gis at gmx.net
Mon Oct 5 00:20:30 PDT 2015

Hi Stefan

Not sure on your needs, but if not all projects run on GRASS, it might
be an option to run a spatial database as backend to store the data. At
ETH Zürich we have been running PostgreSQL to host our data. Access to
different software is running very well (GRASS, QGIS, R,..) and the
database works extremely stable.The advantage is that you can
access/alter the data with multiple users at the same time without
caring about consistency of the data. Furthermore you can set
permissions per user if needed.

However, to run GRASS with PostgreSQL you might need import of the data
(creation of vector topology) or you keep only your attributes in the
database.

Patrick