[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] GRASS and Mac OS X El Capitan

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 14:11:04 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>
wrote:

> This is a binary I created and posted to my web site not too long ago. It
> worked fine before upgrading and works fine on people’s machines that have
> not upgraded. So this worries me.

I informed you couple of weeks ago when you posted them that they are not
working on my and Helena's Mac with the exact same problem (we have
Yosemite). As I said before couple of times and as Markus said now, this
error suggests that fresh recompilation could help.

BTW I fixed import order couple of weeks ago, so this shouldn't happen
again.

> I’m hoping soon to have time to complete the complicated effort to
> recompile laslib so I can make new binaries before I think about upgrading
> to the new OS X. But I will be compiling them on the penultimate version of
> the OS (prior to El Capitan, released a few days ago).

 We are able to compile GRASS on Mac, although we haven't tried to compile
liblas.

Anna